Michael E. Beatty MD, FACS
Dr. Beatty completed his undergraduate education at Southern Illinois University and received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine. After completing an internship at St. Louis County Hospital, Dr. Beatty entered the Army Medical Corps for two years of active duty, during which he earned a congressional citation, an Army commendation medal and the Korean Defense Medal. Subsequently. he completed four years of specialty training in general surgery, followed by two additional years of specialty and hand surgery training at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Hospital in Springfield, Illinois.
Dr. Beatty is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and maintains memberships in numerous professional societies, including the Madison County Medical Society, the Illinois State Medical Society, and the American Medical Association. He is also a member of the American Association of Hand Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Beatty holds a faculty appointment as Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, has served as President of the Madison County Medical Society, and is a delegate to the Illinois State Medical Society.
Dr. Beatty is a member of the Surgery staff of Anderson Hospital, St. Anthony's Health Center and Alton Memorial Hospital. He serves on the specialty consulting staff for Plastic and Hand surgery at the Gateway Regional Medical Center.
Meet With Dr. Beatty
Plastic and Cosmetic surgery is fascinating and wondrous. When Mother Nature leaves it up to you to decide what is best for you, Plastic Surgeons can provide meaningful information that reveals what is possible. Accurate information and the empowering partnership offered by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon are enabling. A difference can be made, change is possible, and tomorrow is another day, but your new day begins on your terms. We can correct structural and cosmetic defects and minimize the effects of aging by reshaping outer portions of the body - using all our skills to achieve the most natural results possible. By enhancing appearance, cosmetic surgery renews confidence and improves self esteem.
The personal consultation is your chance to meet and consult with Dr. Beatty, a Board certified Plastic Surgeon. Your questions, your goals, and the likely outcome will all be discussed and explained. You will see, from an extensive library, before and after photos of people just like you; your body shape, height, weight, your skin color and facial form. Dr. Beatty will explain the possibilities, and devise a plan from your inputs. The risks of the procedures will be explained, and you will get answers to all of your questions.
Dr. Beatty and the staff work together as true partners in personalized care
to determine what is best for each patient. Guiding you through the entire procedure and your complete recovery - you can depend on a complete experience.
• University of Illinois College of Medicine
• St. Louis University Hospital - General Surgery
• Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Hospitals Plastic, Reconstructive, Cosmetic, and Hand Surgery
• Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Hand Surgery, SIU School of Medicine
Board Certification / Fellowship
• American Board of Plastic Surgery
• Fellow American College of Surgeons
• Fellow International College of Surgeons
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• American Medical Association
• American College of Surgeons
• American Association of Hand Surgery
• International Congress of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
• Illinois State Medical Society
• Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons
• St. Louis Society of Plastic Surgery
• Madison County Medical Society
• Anderson Hospital - Maryville, IL
• St. Anthony's Medical Center - Alton, IL
• Alton Memorial Hospital - Alton, IL
• Gateway Regional Medical Center - Granite, IL
• Edwardsville Ambulatory Surgical Center